- Google, Inc. — Software Engineer
Built a full-fledged PDF to HTML converter for Google Scholar from the ground up using modern C++11 idioms. Also worked on OCR, data backup, citation counting, and miscellaneous maintenance tasks in C++ and Python.
- Google, Inc. — Software Engineering Intern
Refactored Google Flight Search logic from Java to C++ and built a pipeline to analyze and optimize its performance.
- Facebook, Inc. — Software Engineering Intern
Built original version of the My Apps page (now Your Games). Current version live hereat
- Facebook, Inc — Software Engineering Intern
Implemented new API features for Facebook Platform (PHP) and Ads (C++).
EducationBachelor of Science — University of Toronto, 2014
Double major, physics and chemistry (GPA: 3.96/4).
- Top 200, 2013 William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition
- 12th place team (University of Waterloo), 2011 ACM-ICPC World Finals
- Silver medal, International Olympiad in Informatics (2010, 2009)
- Silver medal, International Chemistry Olympiad (2010)
- C++ gold badge on Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow (profile:
- Quora Top Writer 2014–2018
- PEG JudgePEG Judge (
http://wcipeg.com) — an online judge for algorithmic contest problems. Includes both a website and a backend server that compiles user-submitted code and uses Unix system calls to sandbox its execution.
algorithms and data structures for the ACM-ICPC
Common algorithms and data structures for the ACM-ICPC
- PEGWikiPEGWiki (
http://wcipeg.com/wiki) — a wiki devoted to algorithmic techniques for programming contests
- Experience administering a GNU/Linux server running services such as HTTP, mail, and IRC